Saturday, May 03, 2008

Prepare Yrself To Witness A Miracle

Above is a recap of last week's Backlash pay-per-view, drawn (by hand!) by the inimitable Bunny Bissoux. I got hip to this massive talent through the web-browsing skills of the lovely Valerie, for which I am further in her eternal debt. Miss Bissoux is a resident of the United Kingdom, and her blog covers not only wrestling, but such trash-culture luminaries as John Waters, Jayne Mansfield, and (ahem) Ashlee Simpson. I believe that her astonishing art speaks for itself, blending graceful and delicate linework with a brooding and iconic intensity that calls to mind the ring presence of... oh, let's say a young Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Even more impressive is her assertion that these drawings are done WHILE WATCHING the pay-per-view in question. Since the average Facebuster staff member can barely form coherent sentences without spilling Camo Black Ice all over the remote (a regrettable occurrence for which I have apologized to the staff of the Tiny Bubble Room), this is impressive in extremis.

Also impressive is her recap of a live WWE event on their recent UK tour. She displays a keen interest in the mass psychology of crowd interactions, and renders her commentary in a likeable and airy style. While it is regrettable that she cannot perceive the charms of our beloved Shelton Benjamin, it is pleasant to be reminded exactly why people love the Undertaker (and not just because he won me a 40 oz. at the '07 Royal Rumble).

In closing, let me welcome Miss Bissoux to the illustrious(?) Facebuster Blogroll. Joining such luminaries as The Dictators, WFMU Radio, and my college pal Roy, her star is sure to rise even higher than Jeff Hardy atop one of those ridiculous double-size ladders he's always jumping off of.

Oh, and Bunny Bissoux sells illustrations of vintage wrestlers here. And my birthday is coming up. I'm just saying.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I started writing a comment but it got out of hand so :

a post for you

x

Malibu Sands said...

I'll chip in my winnings from this year's WrestleMania bet towards that boss "Macho Man" Randy Savage illustration.

Anybody know the current exchange rate on the official currency of Arabian Facebuster -- Iron City Lager?