Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A New New Era Of Whimsy

First of all, I want to make it abundantly clear that I did NOT watch RAW this week. After driving across town to find a RAW-friendly watering hole (cheers to the staff of "Tom's Pizza and Sports Bar" from all of us at Arabian Facebuster) and dropping twenty bones on High Life and Cheese Dip (a twenty I DID NOT HAVE if the chiselers at my credit union are to be believed) only to have last week's K-Fed appearance send the show spiralling into sub-debacle territory, I swore off RAW for all time (again).

As such, I did not witness the atrocity pictured here. I did, however, receive two critiques of the event from highly reputable sources. Our own Malibu Sands described it as "time-filling jibber jabber" and my darling Valerie (who watched it on some celebrity gossip site or other) found it "NOT FUNNY."

This comes as no suprise to me. When I consider the truly great comic minds of our modern era, I realize that not a man fucking jack of them works for a major wrestling promotion. Quite the opposite, in fact. While the cast of Stella take their place in the unemployment line, the Wrasslin' Masterminds churn out Michael Richards imitations and sub-par Jackassery. This faux Trump-Rosie feud is just the icing on a very unfunny cake.

Not to be confused with this guy over here, who actually IS a very funny cake, and deserves better than to be involved in this ridiculous angle.

1 comment:

Malibu Sands said...

You've got to give the WWE braintrust credit, they sure know how to pick out a delicious looking cake.